Why would you get your lips tattooed? Is it for fashion, beauty, keeping secrets or other non-cosmetic reasons such as achieving lip fullness? Some celebrities have done this including the inner lip surfaces. What seems to be the big question may be when something goes wrong such as having an infection. What do you do? See an illustration below:
“I had my lips tattooed 5 days ago and every day more fever blisters and swelling. Can you help?” Melodytherealtor
Before then, some important considerations before you decide to go getting one including:
What to know before you get it
A reasonable and possibly best argument will always start with why you want to get one. Secondly, if you want to give it the best chance, finding a more reputable tattoo artist. Here are additional considerations.
Getting lip tattoos can be painful
This procedure causes pain. This area is more sensitive. If you decide to get one you may opt for one with an anesthesia or you can get it without any form of anesthesia.
The only difference may be to experience less pain with an anesthesia. Therefore, the procedure is faster but you should pay more.
They can only improve the appearance
Going for certain tattoo procedures does not mean you will actually get lip fullness. In fact, it is the appearance its surface relative to how its border outlining is done. The celebs you see with real full lips either went for lip treatment or had injections before they went to get those liner tattoos.
Lip tattoo healing time
Experts in body modification understand that healing can take from a week to 10 or so days. Depending on where you get yours, clients who are willing to get tattoos on the lips should be confident to confront swelling and dryness.
Lip-liner tattoos costs and lasting time
Cosmetic procedures such as lip-liner tattoo, are more expensive than lip fillers but last longer. This procedure is costly due to the fact that it requires additional processes like touch-ups. In fact, a single touch-up would cost more than $300.
They are quite subtly different from the traditional application of a lip liner. This may involve blending but use a different cosmetic procedure.
Complications and infections that may recur
Patients who have been diagnosed with lip herpes, the cold sores will more likely come back haunting. So, if you are getting a tattoo on your lips notify whoever is in charge during the consultation.
- Sometimes, defects in skin pigmentation can limit cosmetic tattoos in this area. Notably, people with darker skin tones can feel less satisfied.
- The closer the color of lip liner tattoos the better the touch-ups
- The pigment is likely to fade away easily compared to tattoo ink
- If you change your mind and want to remove it, well, that is possible. However, keep in mind that is adds up to the expenses and can cause more pain
Inner lip tattoos care, cost, and ideas
This option has been growing at a striking rate. With its trending cool designs, you can have a lot of reasons to choose for either the upper or lower lip.
Here are some facts about them.
- The procedure to get inner tattoo lips can be painful and sometimes will hurt depending on pain tolerance and your expectations
- You will need to have touch-ups and more you will need them the more tattoo pain and the more your expenses go up
- Infection risks tend to higher especially if you get more and more touch-ups
- To keep the tattoos’ color and “fresh-looking” shapes you should get touch-ups to help preserve the tattoo ink
- Lip swelling is expected when the tattoo is fresh
- Allergic reactions are sometimes reportedly potential – so be careful about where you get this procedure done.
- After-care is crucial and should always be readily available in sheet form and be provided by your artist
- Certain companies are strictly against such body modifications – esp. tattoos on the exposed body areas
- You may not have so many trials for all your favorite tattoo designs, drawings or word carves. Therefore, take your sweet time or reason out with your partner astutely before selecting whatever you want
- The ink can rub against the gums leading to erosion or recession of the gums over time (especially permanent ones)
If you have tattoos on the inner bottom or top lips and want to be safe from unnecessary infections and contaminations avoid exposing them to lip makeup and stop kissing.
Be slow on acidic or spicy foods for other safety reasons. DON’T drink or smoke immediately after getting it.
Ask for advice before using mouthwashes or alternative medicines to control the bacteria in the mouth.
Tattoo costs will vary with procedures and how more of the touch-ups you will require to keep them in top shapes. Costs will also slightly vary with design, color or shading. Your country or location may also influence costs.
Tattoo condition, healing time and risks will go hand in hand with the price that you are willing to pay.
This location is a wow-idea since inner tattoos remain your top secret (unless you have intentionally revealed it). Here is our thought.
- Word tattoos on inner lips such as Wow, Kiss Me, Lovely, Sure, Cool, RockNRoll,
- Designs – Ring, Star, Heart or Flower
- Small numbers or letters e.g. S, 8, G, NY, DC, XO and so on
- Symbols like an anchor, music notes, horns, water drop, keys,
- Abbreviations such as LOL, LMAO
How long does a temporary lip tattoo last? The idea and effect of having a temporary one is “short-lived” implying you can readily reapply,
Something good with temporary one if you do not have to worry about looking weird and out-of-match! They come in a variety of styles which are easy and quick to apply.
Some of the features to make temporary tattoo on lips admirable include:
- Easy to apply and remove
- A glossy, smooth finish after applying which takes about 10 minutes
- Fit all lip sizes and shapes
- Each can last from 4 to 8 hours
- Applicable for individuals as young as 3 years (and above)
- Its packaging can be recycled
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
Trends in temporary lip tattooing
Trends in this type of tattooing were pioneered by the Violent Lips (company), which initially started as a sheer fun by two co-founders (that was back in 2011). It then grew surprisingly to become one with trendier in beauty.
The march towards to make this more trendy has been proven by lip products. These include:
- The American Flag
- The Rainbow
- The Rainbow Glitterati
- The Daisy Glitterati
A handful of the temporary trends have been popularized by celebs, art and fashion personnel of the day and past including Kendall Jenner, Paris Jackson, Lil Wayne and Aileen Quintana.
Evidently, this procuedure not only can be risky but can also go wrong in case you are not careful about where on your lips you want to have this kind of body modification.
Cosmetic tattoo lips
In terms of finding ways to improve the appearance of your lips (fuller and youthful pout, more defined and with symmetrical shapes, balanced or voluptuous lips, mouth shape, color, etc.). This is the enhancement is what would be in waiting. These cosmetic tattooing options are mostly permanent. For instance:
- Full Lip Tint
- Contour & Soft Blush Shading
- Natural Lip Contour
Like any other permanent tattooing procedure, cosmetic treatment procedures are usually costly.
Unfortunately, if you fond of being in hurry to get cheap and quick fixes, then this cosmetic would start to go wrong – that can put you into a real situation.
If you are intending to get a permanent one, then these are some of the ideas you should consider and think about very keenly.
- Discuss in and out about your expectations including where you want the tattoos on the lips
- Is your specialist or tattoo place a trustworthy one? You must not compromise on this one because that is where problems will definitely start from
- Ask for relevant information regarding post-treatment care
- When you choose a color go for the less bright
Is permanent lip tattooing procedure painful? How long does it last?
Although there is nothing that lasts forever, permanent tattoos as lip cosmetic services are geared toward achieving a touch on uneven lip shapes, enhancement, and defined or to fill its with tint that most suits the color of lips.
The procedure, color, and tint used for tattoos may not for longer than tattoo ink which can last from 1 year to 5 years with good after-care.
Risks esp. inner lip tattoos
If you have ever had an infected tattoo – in most cases those carved on the skin (upper arms, on eyebrows, neck, etc.) then you know what it really means.
Like other body modifications, they are prone to infections. Infections are one of the common things anyone would be fearful of. Other risks include:
- Swollen lips
- Re-activation of recurring infections such cold sores
When your expectations are high then you end up getting infections you can face the worst of your days.
“A 48-year old lady, presented to the dermatology clinic with a 2-day history of scattered lesions, swelling and burning sensation of the lips. Her symptoms developed after having a cosmetic lip tattoo that was done in a salon in Lebanon, two days prior to the onset of symptoms. The patient has done this tattoo to camouflage the dark color of her lips.”
Conclusion – have your say
For those who have tattoos or you are thinking of getting one – please tell us in your opinion where you think is the weirdest body part that you will never imagine of carving a tattoo.
Honestly, in our opinion, tattoo on lip surface can be least weird. If you are thinking of getting a tattoo on your inner port, we think that may be a queer location. We have called a spade a spade. That is our say, so feel free and have yours.